Ftr threat researcherPosted: Oct. 19, 2022, 7:57 a.m. - Full Time - Bangalore
About Trend Micro
For over 30 years, Trend Micro's unwavering vision has been to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Security is our entire focus, and it shows. This single-minded passion has inspired our innovations that keep up with the bad guys despite a changing IT landscape, riskier user behavior, and constantly evolving threats.
We embrace change, empower people, and encourage innovation in a connected world. Our diversity and multicultural workforce are key contributing factors to our success across the globe. At Trend Micro, we're always looking for top talent and you will work with the best. With us, you have the opportunity to thrive in an industry that is dominating the news worldwide.
Employee at Trend Micro
When you join Trend, you become part of a unique global and diverse family. Here thousands of “Trenders” spread across 65 countries are passionate about doing the right thing to make the world a safer and better place. Ours is a culture of compassion, inclusiveness, collaboration and open-mindedness. We encourage our employees to be their true selves.
How You Will Make a Difference
Trend Micro’s Forward Looking Threat Research team (FTR) is a global team of Senior Researchers tasked with scouting the the likely future risks in security by researching what:
· Cybercriminals are working on today (Underground and Deepweb, Targeted Attacks / APT and Malware research)
· How the users / victims are using the Internet (Social Networks, New emerging services, etc)
· What technologies are available now and in the future (e.g. IOT, Web3 / Metaverse, Spread of Mobile OS, Blockchain)
· This open FTR position will be responsible for investigating threats in South Asia, researching attacks originating or targeting the said region.
· To do so, we are looking for candidates that has a demonstrated proficiency in the following skills: threat/malware analysis / threat hunting / OSINT / threat intelligence / python/powershell/bash scripting
· Results of investigations will be published in the Trend Micro website and submitted to security conferences. Therefore, we candidates must demonstrate good writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
· The researcher is expected to interface with government agencies, law enforcement, ISPs, CERTs, universities and other research groups for research, disclosure, and knowledge sharing.
· As the team is globally distributed the successful candidate must be willing to travel for global meetings and conferences as well as speak English proficiently.
Our Ideal Candidate
Bachelor’s degree or Higher strongly preferred, or strong self taught and proven skillset. Good knowledge of the current Threat Landscape Previous experience in working in cyber threat research or investigation fields is a huge plus. Please provide any publication or conference presentation as reference. Familiar in OS and networking fundamentals. Familiarity in various threat analysis tools Familiarity in various threat intelligence sources Ethical and follows appropriate TLP restrictions in sharing and disclosing information Proven research oriented mindset General programming ability (e.g. Python, Rust, Go, Bash) Knowledge in using big data analysis platforms such as Kibana, Splunk, Athena, Pandas a plus Fast learner Able to work in a diverse multi-cultural group Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised Very good communication skills Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written Why Joining Trend Micro
Do you believe in a workplace where you can be your unique self by celebrating your perspectives and ideas? Do you value a culture of values, empathy and where people are encouraged to challenge status quo? Do you believe that environment of cooperation and collaboration drive performance and innovation?
If yes, be part of Trend Micro, an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless and you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best