Software development engineer ii - backendPosted: June 30, 2022, 12:33 p.m. - Full Time - Remote
Astra Security is a Techstars backed cybersecurity company building software as a service (SaaS) solutions to secure businesses. We are amongst the few technology startups that offer a suite of features such as on the cloud Pentest, Application Firewall, and Malware scanners in a well-packaged suite for small & medium enterprises. With an aim to offer a homogenous experience to its customers, Astra Security incorporates cutting-edge solutions that are easy to comprehend and tailor-made to suit any business requirement.
The company has earned several accolades including ‘The Most Innovative Security Company’ by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Global Conference on Cyber Security (2017), one of the top 50 emerging cybersecurity companies at ‘Emerge 50’ by NASSCOM, the French Tech Ticket under which Astra Security got rewarded by the President of France under the La French Tech program. In 2020, Astra Security was also named as a CyberTech100 company.
Astra is a trusted security partner to some of the well-known brands like Vodafone, Lynas, Dream 11, Unilever, NIIT, TEDx, Muthoot, Ford, Gillette, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will be joining our Vulnerability Scanner team which builds a security engine to identify vulnerabilities in web & cloud applications.
- You will be the technical product owner of the scanner, which would involve managing a lean team of backend engineers to ensure smooth implementation of the technical product roadmap.
- Research about security vulnerabilities, CVEs, and zero-days affecting web applications.
- Work in an agile environment of engineers to architect, design, develop and build our microservice infrastructure.
- You will research, design, code, troubleshoot and support (on-call). What you create is also what you own.
- Writing secure, high quality, modular, testable & well documented code for features outlined in every sprint.
- Contribute to Open Source projects we maintain or support such as OWASP ZAP, Expose etc.
- Hands-on experience with creating production-ready code & optimizing it by identifying and correcting bottlenecks.
- Driving strict code review standards among the team.
- Ensuring timely delivery of the features/products.
- Working with product managers to ensure product delivery status is transparent & the end product always looks like how it was imagined.
- Work closely with Security & Product teams in writing vulnerability detection rules, APIs etc.
- Responsible for technical hiring, training, and reviewing.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-4 year development experience in Python (we use FastAPI)
- Basic DevOps experience. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Understanding of basic web security concepts
- Experience in building scalable microservices and APIs
- Software Architecture and Patterns
- Test Driven Development
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
Good to have:
- Used tools such as Burp Suite or OWASP ZAP
- Experience with AWS or DigitalOcean
- Adrenalin rush of being a part of a growing company
- Holistic understanding of SaaS and enterprise cloud security business
- Opportunity to engage and collaborate with developers globally
- Experience with security side of things
- Annual trips to beaches or mountains
- Open and supportive culture
- Fully remote & agile working environment