Senior threat analystPosted: Sept. 7, 2020, 6:35 p.m. - Full Time - Bangalore
Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
Sophos is a leading provider of Managed Threat Response (MTR) services. As an MTR Threat Analyst, you will work with enterprise systems, log analysis systems, and endpoint collection systems to facilitate the investigation, identification and neutralization of cyber threats. You will work alongside and contribute to a team of analysts with the objective of providing best in class monitoring, detection and response services.
- Handle escalations from level I Threat Analysts - guide / advise on investigation handling
- On-board and train new Threat Analysts
- Participate in Security Operations process improvement and creation
- Provide detection and response to security events and cyber-threats
- Conduct security log management and monitoring
- Maintain information security metrics
- Provide assistance to core security and threat response teams
- Create MTR service-related reports
- Create cases for clients
- Track and follow up with client through threat neutralization
- Interact with clients via various mediums
- Actively research recent Indicators or Compromise/Attack, exploits and vulnerabilities
- Obtain metrics for reporting on threat trends, intelligence analysis and situational awareness.
- Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field; or relevant commensurate work experience
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours including weekends and holidays – our Managed Threat Response is a 24X7X365 service
- Must be able to thrive within a team environment as well as on an individual basis
- 7+ years of experience working in a SOC environment or computer security team in an IT environment
- Endpoint and network security experience required; IDS, IPS, EDR, ATP, Malware defenses and monitoring experience
- Threat hunting experience preferred
- Knowledge of common adversary tactics and techniques, e.g., obfuscation, persistence, defense evasion, etc.
- Knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK framework preferred
- Working knowledge of incident response procedures
- Experience with SQL query construction preferred
- Experience with OSQuery is a plus
- Experience administering and supporting Windows OS (both workstations and server) and one of the following: Apple or Linux-based operating systems (e.g. XP, Windows 7, 2003, 2008, OS X)
- Fundamental understanding of network traffic analysis including TCP/IP, routing, switching, protocols, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows event log analysis
- Experience with enterprise information security data management - SIEM experience a plus
- Programming and scripting skills - proficient knowledge of Powershell is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Advanced Cyber Security certifications preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion for all things information technology and information security
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to think outside the box
- Innovative mindset