Devsecops engineerPosted: Sept. 7, 2020, 6:05 p.m. - Full Time - Ahmedabad
Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
IT at Sophos delivers world-class IT applications, infrastructure, and services, enabling the delivery of the company vision and strategy. This department is led by a leadership team with extensive experience leading IT functions in the security industry, and our technical contributors are widely held as industry experts in their domain. We consistently encourage innovation and agility to foster the best in class solutions. As a member of this team, we are committed to investing in your professional development to ensure you have opportunities to advance in your career.
What we are looking for?
To succeed in this role, you’ll be passionate about Cybersecurity and software development, and keen to use your programming and scripting skills. Your innovative ideas and problem-solving talent to help the team build tools that help our Security Operations Team protect Sophos.
What you should expect?
You will typically be exposed to the full project lifecycle, contributing at all stages, building tools for the Security Team. As part of this role you will need to:
- Write code (Python preferred) and scripts to support the Security Engineering and Operations Team along with test automation
- Work alongside security analysts to triage and monitor alerts and incidents to understand the workflow and SOC operational procedures.
- Monitor system logs, SIEM tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments
- Participate in the design of Security automation solutions/tools in line with asset technical strategy, quality and functionality requirements;
- Actively contribute to release planning and drive for high-value and high-quality solutions which meet business needs;
- Participate in security reviews of new developments to ensure that released products comply with Sophos’ security requirements and industry best practice;
- Manage a CI/CD pipeline
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of developing code in python and Powershell
- Experience of working within AWS, GCP, Azure
- Ability to use ML toolkits and AI to enhance the detections
- Experience with Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Natural problem solver who enjoys being challenged
- Able to work autonomously whilst working collaboratively within the wider team environment
- Cloud automation tools – Terraform, Cloudformation
- Experience with Restful APIs and version control (git)
- Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Agile experience with Scrum/Kanban
- Understating and interest in Cyber Security
- Contributed to an open-source project
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Experience with automated regression testing
- Proficiency with work tracking systems such as Jira and project management solutions
Sophos is committed to equal opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, color, age, disability, or sexual orientation.